The video is skipping or choppy, what can I do?
We recommend a broadband Internet connection of at least 10 Mbps to ensure smooth playback. You can check the connection speed at Speedtest.net. If your connection is slower than 10 Mbps, you may want to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about a faster connection. If your connection is fast enough, and you’re still having problems please try the following:
- If you’re on a WiFi connection, try moving closer to the WiFi router for a stronger signal, or if possible use a wired connection.
- If you’re running other bandwidth-intensive programs; such as Outlook, Spotify, BitTorrent, Vuze, Internet phone service (Skype, Vonage, etc.), downloads, etc. try pausing, or closing them.
- If you’re sharing an Internet connection, check if other people are using bandwidth-intensive programs.
- If your video stalls only in full-screen mode, try lowering your desktop resolution.
- Try turning off any CPU-intensive programs you're running, or rebooting your computer.
- Perform a traceroute. If you receive an output with 13 or more hops, the problem is most likely related to how your Internet Service Provider is routing your computer's requests to the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to fix this problem - you can try contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to request help.